Wall Street Greek

Editor's Picks | Energy | Market Outlook | Gold | Real Estate | Stocks | Politics
Wall Street, Greek

The Wall Street Greek blog is the sexy & syndicated financial securities markets publication of former Senior Equity Analyst Markos N. Kaminis. Our stock market blog reaches reputable publishers & private networks and is an unbiased, independent Wall Street research resource on the economy, stocks, gold & currency, energy & oil, real estate and more. Wall Street & Greece should be as honest, dependable and passionate as The Greek.


Seeking Alpha

Monday, June 30, 2014

Barron’s Says Apple is America’s Most Respected Company – I Beg to Differ

celebrate good times
Barron’s, one of my favorite weekly reads, published the results of a survey this weekend that showed Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) as America’s most respected company. With all due respect to the publishers of this great investors’ tool, I beg to differ. Barron’s says that what matters most is that the company display strong management; that it practice ethical business; it should have a sound business strategy; display a competitive edge and show product innovation. I think we can make a critical argument against each of these factors in Apple’s case. Finally, I think that what investors report to Barron’s is not being backed up by real investment dollars in many cases, based on my interpretation of the one true measure of investor respect, valuation. With all that being said, Apple still tops my list among stocks to own today. That is because I believe it dropped the ball in years past and is a value today because of it ahead of what I hope will be one of the big new value-added developments I have long been waiting for. For more, see Barron’s Rated Apple as America’s Most Respected Company – I Beg to Differ. The top five companies included Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.B), Boeing (NYSE: BA), Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) (Nasdaq: GOOGL) and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ).

Flyers

Labels: , , , , ,

free email financial newsletter Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home