Wall Street Greek

Editor's Picks | Energy | Market Outlook | Gold | Real Estate | Stocks | Politics
Wall Street, Greek

The Wall Street Greek blog is the sexy & syndicated financial securities markets publication of former Senior Equity Analyst Markos N. Kaminis. Our stock market blog reaches reputable publishers & private networks and is an unbiased, independent Wall Street research resource on the economy, stocks, gold & currency, energy & oil, real estate and more. Wall Street & Greece should be as honest, dependable and passionate as The Greek.


Seeking Alpha

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday, Obamentum!


(Stocks in this article: AMEX: SPY, AMEX: DIA, Nasdaq: QQQQ, AMEX: DOG, AMEX: QLD, AMEX: SDS)

It's showdown time for Democrats! If you live politics, you are on a serious high today. Your adrenaline will not let you rest this evening as the votes are tallied. The Democratic Party primaries in Ohio and Texas, and Rhode Island and Vermont, are so critical that without split decision, they could seal the deal for either candidate.

Clinton supporters are trying to shift momentum on sheer will power, saying things like "she's found her second wind." Obama backers are pointing out the 11 primaries in a row their man has taken. Obamentum is a serious obstacle for Hillary to overcome.

I have no doubt about who has run the strongest campaign nationwide, including Democrats and Republicans. It's Barack Obama no doubt! Romney might have had a good plan, but he was not flexible and did not adapt to the attacks on his so-called flip flopping. He allowed the label to embed itself into the public perception of him. One of the greatest things Ronald Reagan did in his campaign that Mitt Romney failed to do in his emulation of his mentor, was defend himself. Show strength! In our view, McCain left himself open for a damaging rebuttal, war hero or not. Romney, it seems, believed taking the high road to the end would raise him up, but instead it left him behind. That's where his blue blood got in his way. You have to scratch and claw sometimes to succeed, and we little guys from low places learn how to do that well in life, because we have to.

Clinton has run a negative campaign, or at least that's the perception left behind. In doing so, she has given energy and strength to Obama, in our opinion. Her focus on his faults has become perhaps a necessity at this point, but had she come across as a great positive hope for the country instead of a nagging, negative character, she would now be sitting pretty. Obama's campaign manager, and his own personal character, have uplifted him into contention.

Sorry Republicans, but McCain is dead in the water. He can barely finish his sentences and breath at the same time, and so we cannot see him withstanding the momentum and energy the Democratic Party will bring in the months ahead. Republicans did not choose the most electable representative. The guy is just too drab, and his tone is negative. That makes him unelectable, no matter what he says or what ideals he presents. In life, you need two characteristics to really succeed. You need to do what you do well, and to market yourself well. That stems from confidence. McCain is lacking on that second piece of the puzzle. Every speech sounds like a concession to me. I see no confidence. He reminds me of a Mike Tyson opponent at the boxer's peak. They were defeated before they ever even entered the ring. I use to predict the round of KO accurately based on the fear in their faces.

We need a dreamer now. We need hope. We need a peacemaker. Remember, I'm the guy who says Iran has to be stopped, and at the same time, I'm saying we need a peacemaker. America demands a brilliant, outside the box thinker now. McCain represents an upgraded Bush when America wants a new brand.

The Greek is going independent. I'm an independent thinker, and I sympathize and agree with various ideologies of each party. People who know me well know my open-minded nature, out of the box thinking and willingness to listen to almost anybody make me a clear independent. I am also reevaluating who I will vote for in November.

I'M STILL AMERICAN! Sometimes we forget the other party is full of Americans, don't we... If The Greek is open-minded, who do you think he's leaning toward now? Comment below... I've been warned on countless occasion by everyone and anyone, leave politics out of it Markos. You know what, screw that! Is this a blog or a traditional research shop?! Am I different or just another corporate robot?! Do we lead, or follow. Screw that! I'm hear to express my opinion. You don't have to agree or disagree with everything I say, and I actually prefer you not be yesmen. Think for yourself, express your opinion. Don't abandon the site like a bad first date just because I disagree with you on something. Tell me why you think I'm wrong. I dare you. Let's debate. Let's learn from each other! Let's have some fun.

Inquire about advertising at "The Greek." (disclosure)

free email financial newsletter Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, Markos. I truly love that you are so open-minded.

YES. WE. CAN. :))

Diva

4:50 PM  
Blogger Winn said...

Markos,

I believe you wrote once that you were Pro-Life? If yes, then whether you like it or not Hillary and Barack are not. Also, do not forget either one of these, if elected, will be appointing new judges on the Supreme Court. Please read the following article before voting for BO - http://www.townhall.com/columnists/TerenceJeffrey/2008/01/09/obama_is_the_most_pro-abortion_candidate_ever

Thank you and I fully enjoy the blog.

Winn

1:18 PM  
Blogger The Greek said...

Comas,

I hear you, and it's a stumbling block for me for sure. I am devout in my belief. However, how many lives will John McCain take by pursuing a hundred year war in the Middle East, versus how many lives might Obama save?

There's an intangible with Obama. The Middle-East views him as an opportunity for peace and healing with America. At the same time, I need to know he will not allow Iran to gain nuclear weapons. It's going to be a hard decision for me to make. Maybe I'll try to change Obama's mind on life. Think outside the box.

Markos

1:46 PM  
Blogger Winn said...

Markos,

The Middle East is a conundrum in itself. If you sit on the side they will eventually hit you. We have seen that. If you go after them you get caught in a tangled web as we are in today.

There was an intangible with Jimmy Carter too. I am not anti-Obama, I like his passion to help people. I wish more Republican types expressed the same. I do not think Obama will prevent any country from doing anything. I think countries will line up to take advantage of him.

I am for thinking outside the box but to continue the cliches sometimes the answer is right in front of you.

I have to vote Pro-Life first, then I start drilling down. I know it is limiting my choices but it is what I believe.

I was not enamored with any of the top three or four Republicans this year.

Have a great weekend.

Comas (Winn)

btw... have you or will you ever write anything on 529's? I have looked into them but most of the fees are so outrageous it makes some of the returns look like a money market account.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home