Wall Street Greek

Editor's Picks | Energy | Market Outlook | Gold | Real Estate | Stocks | Politics
Wall Street, Greek

The Wall Street Greek blog is the sexy & syndicated financial securities markets publication of former Senior Equity Analyst Markos N. Kaminis. Our stock market blog reaches reputable publishers & private networks and is an unbiased, independent Wall Street research resource on the economy, stocks, gold & currency, energy & oil, real estate and more. Wall Street & Greece should be as honest, dependable and passionate as The Greek.


Seeking Alpha

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for You

thankful for youLast evening, as I struggled to get some work done, exhaustion led me to look over videos that I had posted on the blog for Thanksgiving in years past. You will recall them, as they were touching; you can find them on the blog's front page again this year. The videos cover the plight of the homeless and the struggles of Abraham Lincoln, who first proclaimed Thanksgiving a national holiday during the Civil War.

I issued the videos to share with you a reminder for all of us: that no matter what difficulties we have faced, if you are reading the blog, then most likely you see that things could be even worse. Therefore, we have something to be thankful for. Yet, even for the homeless, and I'll go so far as to say for the terminally ill, or some of them, things could be far worse. In this case, I opine that it is only without God that men are bankrupt and hopeless. These videos thus served to remind me of the truth of life.

The struggles of the recession have not neglected me nor our independent effort at the blog. It was only through extreme and unfathomable personal sacrifice that our scribbling was allowed to continue through 2009, a challenging year within a difficult period. At the same time, we have through blood, sweat and tears broadened our reach, and made inroads in an environment that still places stigma on blogs, even expertly authored ones, and favors the established popular press. Thus, we see all around us, large media organizations creating "blogs" of their own; but how independent are they really, and what freedom do their words carry, considering their source? Thus, for the true independent, there is an important schism that will always separate us from the rest, and keep our opinions sought after by Americans and all the "small people," to quote one little big man.

Because you need unbiased views, I will provide them. While many temptations for profits exist, I will overcome them. However, we require your support to make this possible, in all ways you can fathom. You guarantee our survival and our independence. Please be our advocates and sponsors, if you want to preserve true independence in media.

support independent unbiased media

And so, on Thanksgiving, I am reminded of whom I owe thanks, because the current age is considerably brighter than the last. First, I owe thanks to the Lord, to which I point now, because I am certain that no man's success or survival occurs without His allowance. I only hope I retain his blessing as well.

I want to thank you loyal readers for bearing through the days when my mind may not have been as clear as you have grown accustomed. Thank you for sticking with us, even when on occasion we were wrong. Thank you for recommending us on those days when you benefited from our insights. Thank you for accepting me and all of us at Wall Street Greek into your trust.

I thank also my sponsors, the friends and advertisers who have taken a leap of faith. They are pioneers of a sort. With regard to our advertisers, they have benefited greatly, without a doubt. If you disbelieve in this, fifteen minutes is all I need to clear that uncertainty up for you to see. Still, the greatest return they will not know until they need it. You see, I value trust, when it is given to me. I see it as a blessing, because the world is a selfish untrusting place, and so it is a rare commodity of great value. For me, true friendship only exists when in the company of trust, and so when it's given to me I recognize its worth. I also adore compassion, which is even harder to find in this world. I have found it in unexpected locations, and discovered its absence in places where I was certain it existed. Nothing is sweeter than compassion.

And so, I say thank you dear readers. I am so thankful for you and everyone who has made this initiative possible and who have enabled its survival and success. Yet, the journey has only just begun. Be assured that what I am doing is not for me, but for you and for those who will benefit from any financial return that may, by grace, arrive. After my witness of negligence and selfishness on Wall Street and in humankind generally, both in my personal career and through the drama of the financial crisis, I would not be putting my long sought and earned toolbox to use otherwise. Count on that. God bless, and thank you.

Please see our disclosures at the Wall Street Greek website and author bio pages found there. This article and website in no way offers or represents financial or investment advice. Information is provided for entertainment purposes only. Tickers: NYSE: DIA, NYSE: SPY, Nasdaq: QQQQ, NYSE: DOG, NYSE: SDS, NYSE: QLD, NYSE: NYX, NYSE: ICE, Nasdaq: NDAQ.

Wall street blog

free email financial newsletter Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Greek said...

You might also find this article inspiring.

http://www.wallstreetgreek.blogspot.com/2008/11/think-of-others-on-thanksgiving-please.html

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Gray said...

Sry, I'm late, seeing this story only now. Still, a big thank YOU, Markos, for providing insights that even folks who're not that accustomed with investorspeak can understand! Keep up the great work.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home