Wall Street Greek

Editor's Picks | Energy | Market Outlook | Gold | Real Estate | Stocks | Politics
Wall Street, Greek

The Wall Street Greek blog is the sexy & syndicated financial securities markets publication of former Senior Equity Analyst Markos N. Kaminis. Our stock market blog reaches reputable publishers & private networks and is an unbiased, independent Wall Street research resource on the economy, stocks, gold & currency, energy & oil, real estate and more. Wall Street & Greece should be as honest, dependable and passionate as The Greek.


Seeking Alpha

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Wall Street Greek

markos kaminis
When I began this endeavor, I was unsure of where it would lead. It's been quite an interesting journey just getting this far. The effort is now expanding, and I am planning bigger things within this framework.

Since you are reading based on the premise that I am an experienced analyst, I feel it only appropriate that you know who I am. I stand by my opinions because of the effort that they are built upon. Throughout my career, I have been proud of two things, my work ethic and my performance and the two are undoubtedly interrelated.

I am Markos N. Kaminis. Early in my career, I worked as a sell-side analyst over a seven-year period at one of the largest providers of independent equity research, Standard & Poor's. After spending the first two years of my career on Wall Street following diversified financial services firms, I was promoted into a special role as an idea generator, supporting the portfolios of institutional clients as well as playing a significant role in driving performance within S&P's recommended lists and portfolios. There were times when my "strong buy" selections accounted for 10% of the entire firm's buy list, which approximated 100 total names.

I followed a group of 30-40 Small and Mid-Cap firms, and was charged with finding new buy and sell candidates, while operating without restriction regarding industry or business sector. I also authored IPO research, and wrote for S&P newsletters, The Outlook, Equity Insights and Emerging Opportunities, as well as for Businessweek Online.

I generated a 23% average annual return over five years on my "Strong Buy" recommendations, and 26% over three years ended 2004. This performance compared against a 3.8% average annual loss for the S&P 500 Index through the comparable period. I was ranked internally as the best "strong buy" stock-picker over the four-year period ended 2004 and second over five years, among a group of approximately 60 domestic and 90 global analysts. I am currently building my own financial advisory business and invite you to continue to enjoy my insights. I am also Partner, Operations Director and Financial Editor at Newspapers.com. You may also find my columns at many well-known financial markets websites.

Sincerely,

Markos N. Kaminis

free email financial newsletter Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home